Open Positions at ASDAH
ASDAH is growing! We’re excited to be expanding our team for the 2022-2023 Board Year. We’re hiring five paid positions to support our expanding and evolving work, including a Virtual Assistant, Education and Training Leader, Media and Communications Leader, and two Project Associates for the Abolish the BMI Coalition project. Positions will be posted throughout July and August 2022.
We strongly encourage those with lived experience facing fatphobia apply, in particular Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color, disabled folks, transgender folks, and superfat & infinifat folks. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Virtual Assistant (0.25 FTE Position)
Location: 100% Remote
Hours: 0.25 FTE (based on a 32 hour work week; approximately 8 hours per week)
*ASDAH is growing and this position may grow to halftime by next year.
- Paid holiday, vacation, & sick time
- Technology stipend
- Healthcare stipend
- Professional Development stipend
ASDAH’s Virtual Assistant will be responsible for assisting ASDAH Leaders and Board of Directors with administrative tasks. The Virtual Assistant will also manage many administrative processes using various technology services. As a virtual organization, exceptional technology skills are required for this role in addition to a strong ability to troubleshoot.
ASDAH is a small, grassroots organization with a highly collaborative culture. The ideal candidate will have flexibility to meet frequently with leaders across global time zones, assist with events at a variety of times including some evenings and weekends. Work time outside of scheduled meetings and events is flexible. We aim to create a nonhierarchical work environment and encourage innovation and collaboration from all staff.
We are looking for candidates who will be engaged and dedicated to our work. We don’t expect perfection or white supremacist standards of professionalism.
Personal Qualities and Other Attributes
- Has foundational knowledge of the Health at Every Size® framework
- Possesses lived experiences as a person with marginalized (systemically disadvantaged) identities
- Exceptional technology skills including troubleshooting and navigating various technology services
- Strong attention to detail
- Great communication skills and a willingness to engage in a highly collaborative team
- Ability to manage conflict and hold space for open dialogue
- Self-starter who takes initiative to offer assistance where their skills are needed
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Good record of meeting deadlines
- Advanced experience with various technology services such as or similar to Google Workspace, Calendly, Wild Apricot, Hootsuite, and WordPress & various plugins.
- Advanced experience supporting leadership positions
- Experience planning and executing large scale events such as conferences, as well as smaller scale events such as webinars, workshops, and board meetings
- Advanced experience following, developing, and improving standardized processes and procedures
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience working for nonprofits, grassroots organizations, and/or social justice-focused organizations
- Assist with website updates (WordPress & Elementor)
- Monitor and respond to ASDAH contact emails & trademark use requests using standardized responses, referring to leadership when necessary
- Review member applications using standard criteria & referring to leadership when necessary
- Collaborate with ASDAH Leaders to assist with organizing and technical support for various projects
- Assist with event and membership software program updates (Wild Apricot)
- Assist with social media management including Facebook group management and scheduling posts using Hootsuite
- Assist with tech support during virtual events including auto-captioning services and language interpretation
- Take meeting minutes at Board meetings and as requested
- Assist with capturing, uploading, & hosting event recordings
Manage calendars and meeting requests for ASDAH Leaders
- Schedule email and other communications to members and contact lists
- Schedule meetings using Google calendar and Calendly, send agendas and reminders
- Assist with additional projects as requested
Apply for the Virtual Assistant Position
To apply for the Virtual Assistant position, fill out and submit the application below by Sunday, July 10th at 11:59pm PT. We will begin contacting applicants to schedule interviews the week of July 11th.